CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!


I am so grateful for the freedoms we enjoy in our great country! President Hinckley said in his book Standing for Something:

I love America!
I love America for its great brawny strength, the products of its vital factories, and the science of its laboratories. I love it for the great intellectual capacity of its people, for their generous hearts and helping hands. I love America's tremendous spiritual heritage and strengths. It is a unique among the nations of the earth- in its discovery, in its birth as a nation, in the amalgamation of the races and cultures that have come to its shores, in the consistency and strength of its government.... I especially love America for its great spiritual strength. it is a land of churches and synagogues, of temples and tabernacles, of pulpits and altars. We have on our coinage and our currency a national motto. It simply says 'In God we Trust'. I believe that this is the foundation on which this nation was established: an unequivocal trust in the power of the Almighty to guide and defend us."





We had a great weekend! We watched fireworks in Bartlett and Tessa loved it!

1 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Happy 4th to you too! Sorry again we missed out on having lunch with you guys! Would you have time to come over for dinner and a little pool party for the kids this week? I'll call you!