CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Heaven on Earth

Lyons, Colorado....


This is my backyard/front yard. The place where where i grew up. From the day I was brought home from the hospital until I pack my bags for college. I LOVE this place!!The day after fathers day I went home. I spent almost two week there trying to make up for the almost 3 years i'd been away. It is beautiful! Its my heaven on earth. The kids loved it! Every year my mom puts on something called "grandma's camp". its every summer and all my siblings the cousins try and get together for hiking, camping, horseback riding, 4-wheeling, swimming, tubing, rock climbing, ect.. ect.. ect.. The kids had a blast!

rain or shine.....
(tessa hangin with her cuz brandon)

My brother Jesse & Dallin, giving the kids rides! (yes there were lots of them! As Dallin is my moms 26th grandbaby! he was also the youngest one there! Since i am the baby of 8 kids.. (5 sis 3 bro) there are plenty of kids to go around! =) 32 people i think we caulated stayed! there were bodys sleeping everywhere!! Card games, food and family every night! what more could a person want?


And tessa has the ulitmate grandma, grandma Sally! She keep chickens so tessa got to gather eggs everyday, she has a horse.. sandy, one of many i grew up riding!
she is a master gardener...... look at all those strawberrys! this is just one days worth! we picked three more times and had two more beds to do!

Grandma Sally is also a Bee Keeper!! she gets all of her own honey and has three hives!
But most of all grandma always makes time for snuggles!! I love you mom! thanks for a wonderful grandma's camp!

from youngest to olderst
The Austin Family
Sibling Picture:

6 comments:

Tina said...

how fun! We are doing great! Starting to pack everything up, ship it over to the storage unit, and our house still feels crowded. Do you know exactly when you leave? We will be in UT Aug. 24 or 25.

Rachel said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I'm so glad you got some time to spend with your mom and everyone. Miss you TONS!!!

Michelle said...

That sounds AMAZING! Your mother is incredible!! Now I know where you get it! We are still making it through this hot Memphis summer! You are not missing a thing. We miss you, though. Every time we drive to the temple I have to sigh b/c you're not here- *sigh.* Seven weeks until we are outta here, baby. We got a Crye-Leike Realtor 3 weeks ago and we have shown our house once. Say a prayer for us, k?
Love you! Michelle

The Coleman Family said...

HOLY CRAP THERE ARE A LOT OF U GUYS!!
looks like u are having a ton of fun out there!

Jana said...

How can we get invited to Grandma's Camp??? That looked like a blast!

Unknown said...

Looking has a lots of fun...
pictures are marvelous....
thanks..
___________________
susana
Naton wide cash is easy and fast