CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grandma and Mastitis



So, I just wanted to give a quick update..
My mom came out last week to visit and help with the baby and boy was I glad she did! I got mastitis really bad-chills, fever, exhaustion-the works! I got on antibiotics really fast but it didn't seem to help so i went to the doctor and found out it had turned into an abscess. It was nasty painful and so they had to make and incision and drain the infection. Talk about excruciating. I have NEVER in life experienced anything more painful! So that was yesterday, my mom left and I am now on the mend. I cant breast feed on that side and so i have been using formula and trying to keep him satisfied on just one side. Nick is in finals too, so bad timing.. but I am doing better. Trying to be patient to see if the wound will heal so i can try to breast feed again. Dallin is a champ though. He eats great, whatever I put in front of him. I cant wait until tomarrow and the last final is over!






9 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm so sorry Linna Mae!
I wish I could come take are of you:(

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I'm sorry to hear that Linna! Hopefully the worst is over. My mom had that and she also said it was the most painful thing she has ever experienced! Get better soon! Love ya!

The Coleman Family said...

Linna,
I am sorry! i hope you get better soon, glad your mom came out

Marlena said...

Ew that sounds horrible! Hope you heal quickly.

the speers said...

aww...you POOR thing!! I had a friend that got mastitis twice! I can't believe you had to have it drained! that sucks!! I hope you get better soon so you can keep nursing like normal!!!

Tiff said...

Please let me know if I can do anything to help! Hope it is getting better!

Unknown said...

ohhh Linna I hope you get Better soon! That really stinks! can you still pump so you dont loose your milk on that side? I hope you get better! plz call me if you need anything!

Katie said...

Ok, I FOUND your blog! I haven't even seen it yet. I had fun meeting Dallin tonight. Good luck and hope you get feeling better soon.

Shannon said...

Ohh MAN I'm sorry,I hope it heals quickly!!! (And that's great your mom was able to come out and help!)